THE PHYSICAL EDUCATION STAFF AT M.O.S.C Medical College BELIEVES IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF A HEALTHY, PHYSICALLY FIT STUDENT WITH AN UNDERSTANDING OF PERSONAL WELLNESS.
GOALS & OBJECTIVES:
- OUR PRIMARY GOAL IS TO FACILITATE THE DEVELOPMENT OF STUDENTS TO THAT MAY REACH THEIR FULL POTENTIAL. THE PHYSICAL EDUCATION PROGRAM WILL PROVIDE OPPORTUNITIES FOR STUDENTS TO ACHIEVE THE SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ATTITUDES THAT WILL ALLOW THEM TO ATTAIN AN OPTIMAL QUALITY OF LIFE AND WELL BEING.
- WE BELIEVE EACH STUDENT SHOULD HAVE A SOUND KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING OF PHYSICAL FITNESS AND "WELLNESS".
- LIFETIME AND RECREATIONAL ACTIVITIES ARE IMPORTANT COMPONENTS OF OUR PHYSICAL EDUCATION CURRICULUM. IT IS OUR HOPE THAT ALL GRADUATING SENIORS WILL HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE AND THE ABILITY TO BE LIFE-LONG LEARNERS OF PERSONAL WELLNESS, WHICH WILL CONTRIBUTE TO A HEALTHY AND HAPPY LIFESTYLE.
In keeping with the University's mission, the Department of Health Physical Education (HPEL) and Leadership is dedicated to and focused on the development of the whole student: physical, mental, and intellectual. Programs within the department are interdisciplinary by nature and combine the fields of education and social sciences. The department is dedicated to providing high-quality education and career preparation with the idea of excellent teaching being the central to our mission. Our students teach in a variety of settings, including schools, sports arenas, fitness centres, community/public health organizations, physical therapy clinics, and outdoor recreation endeavours.
HPEL provides academic programs in health, physical education, outdoor recreation and pre-physical therapy. Our vision for the future includes adding a minor in health/wellness promotion, continuing to grow our outdoor adventure and leadership program with wilderness therapy and Swiftwater rescue and certificate programs in coaching, adult fitness, and physical education. We aim to provide exemplary programs in these areas.
Provide opportunities for personal, intellectual and professional growth in the areas of teaching, fitness, outdoor recreation, physical therapy, public health, allied health, coaching, wellness, sports medicine, and sports participation.
Are distinctive in that the faculty and staff have unique training and experience, particularly in the areas of wellness, sports medicine, outdoor recreation, and athletics.
Utilize faculty that are engaged in research in a wide array of areas including wellness education, children′s fitness, obesity, osteoporosis, outdoor recreation, athletic injury prevention, health psychology, spiritual health, healthy ageing, and world health issues.
Provide extensive community-based service-learning opportunities.
Create learning environments that embrace the values of critical thinking, integrity, cultural understanding, inquiry, and mutual trust and respect.
HPE PROGRAM OUTCOMES
- Students will be able to articulate the foundational principles of comprehensive health promotion
- Students will be able to explain fundamental principles of exercise science
- Students will be able to communicate effectively through writing in Standard American English
- Students will be able to communicate verbally in ways appropriate to the purpose and audience
- Students will be able to assess information resources effectively and apply logical reasoning in the analysis of theoretical and practical issues/settings
- The student will formulate and use quantitative/mathematical approaches to address abstract and applied problems
- Students will model and maintain professional, ethical, standards in individual practice, conduct and citizenship, especially as related to the discipline and profession
Contact Name: Job K John, Lecturer in Physical Education
MOSC Medical College, Kolenchery
Phone : +91 7902456343